• 1
  • 2

Jammed ceiling fan suspected of causing bedroom fire (2019)


The aftermath of the fire. – FRD



BY James Kon

A JAMMED ceiling fan is believed to have caused a fire at a bedroom which was doused before spreading to other areas of the house.

Fire and Rescue Department officers and members of the public extinguished the fire in the bedroom of a house at RPN Kampong Panchor Mengkubau on Friday.

Fire and Rescue Department officials said 13 firefighters led by Mentiri Fire Station Commanding Officer Senior Superintendent Aflan bin Awang Kachi rushed to the scene after they received an emergency call at 7.33am.

The officers found the fire raging in a bedroom on the top floor. A Fire and Rescue Department officer and two members of the public extinguished the fire from spreading before the fire engine arrived.

The house is owned by a local woman. The residents had been evacuated as soon as the fire broke. The cost of the damage was estimated at BND7,000.

-- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin


Related Articles